LGS Speech & Language Therapy
We provide speech and language services for children in preschool (age 3 and up), and students in kindergarten through 8th grade in District 52. Our district is also responsible for providing services to students who attend St. Patrick School. Services are provided for children who need help in the areas of articulation, phonology, fluency, voice, language, and auditory processing.
Eligibility for services is based on State and Federal Guidelines and regulations.
Should you have any questions concerning speech and language therapy services within our district, please contact the Speech Language Therapists.
LGS Title 1 and Reading Improvement
Extra reading instruction for student in grades K-4. Students must qualify to receive instruction from Title I. Our program uses a variety of teaching materials to instruct our children, including textbooks, games, and computers.
The District 52 special education staff identifies students with special needs and conditions so they can provide individual support services for those students and their families.
Information for parents: District 52 Referral Process
- Federal special education regulations--Individual with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)
- Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) special education regulations
- ISBE eligibility categories
- Educational Rights and Responsibilities: Understanding Special Education in Illinois, formerly called A Parent's Guide: The Educational Rights of Students with Disabilities
- ISBE information for parents
Links of interest: